The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and you can feel the promise of warm summer days in the air.
We know that there are so many summer activities for the whole family to do together out there, but a personal favorite of ours is embracing the great outdoors together, and sharing delicious family picnic recipes packed with tasty sandwiches along the way.
From delicious beef jerky recipes stuffed into French baguettes, to classic club sandwich ideas, there are more than a few picnic sandwich recipes you and your family are sure to enjoy after a summer hike or a camping trip.
So, if you’re looking to take your summer picnic to the next level, check out these below mouth-watering jerky sandwich recipes that are sure to be the highlight of your fun day out.
Bacon Jerky Cheeseburger
The photo says it all. A great twist on the all American Cheeseburger classic. Packed with flavor, this juicy burger is sure to please. A great meal idea for your next camping adventure. And by adding thick slices of Jeff’s Famous bacon jerky the result is a culinary masterpiece that will amaze your friends.
- homestyle hamburger bun
- 80/20 ground hamburger (the secret to the greatest tasting, juicy burgers is 20% fat)
- green leaf lettuce (washed and dried)
- beefsteak tomato, sliced to 1/4 inch thickness
- sliced American cheese
- CHOOSE YOUR BACON: Jeff’s Famous Honey Glazed Sriracha Black Pepper bacon
- or Jeff’s Famous Honey Jalapeno bacon
- dill pickle sliced or bottled dill pickle chips
- optional: sliced sweet or red onion
- your favorite BBQ sauce
- salt and pepper
- butter, the real stuff
Form ground beef into 1/4 lb. patties, lightly season them with salt and ground black pepper and begin cooking them on a medium heat to the preferred doneness of your guests. While the burgers are cooking, prepare the rest of your ingredients and organize them on a cutting board or clean surface for easy assembly. Turn your burgers when the edges start to crisp and the center of your burgers are still fairly red. Add a slice of American cheese to each burger.
Spread a generous amount of butter on the side of each sliced bun and begin browning the buns right after you turn your burgers. Once buns are browned, spread bbq sauce on one side and assemble the rest of the ingredients on the heal of your burger bun with slices of bacon jerky on the very bottom.
Assemble, serve and EAT.
Sweet and Smokin’ BBQ Beef Jerky Baguettes
This flavor-packed BBQ beef jerky sandwich makes for the perfect picnic recipe. Jeff’s Famous Sweet & Smokin’ BBQ beef jerky delivers the ultimate in authentic sweet, smoky flavored BBQ with just a bit of a spicy kick. The flavor is a classic, just like authentic BBQ, and every single piece is slow-cooked to mouth-watering, lip-smacking tenderness.
- Jeff’s Famous Sweet & Smokin’ BBQ beef jerky
- 1/2 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp. prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 large baguette, halved lengthwise
- green lettuce or watercress
- Combine vinegar and onion in a bowl. Let stand, stirring once or twice, 15 minutes; drain.
- Combine butter, horseradish, and mustard in a bowl. Spread butter mixture onto the bottom half of the baguette. Top with BBQ beef jerky, cress, and pickled onions. Sandwich with remaining bread.
Jalapeno Carne Asada Philly Cheese Beef Jerky Sandwich
This beef jerky sandwich really is what sandwich dreams are made of. Holding the title for “one of the BEST jerky products on the market,” this low sodium beef jerky one-of-a-kind flavordelivers an authentic Carne Asada flavor experience with a mildly-spiced Jalapeno accent.
Eleven herbs and spices in an authentic south of the border lime-citrus marinade; slow-cooked to mouth-watering tenderness. It is a savory, decadent flavor with just enough heat to make it a favorite of all beef jerky fans everywhere! Don’t miss trying this prevalent flavor in your picnic sandwich recipes this summer.
- Jalapeno Carne Asada beef jerky
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 2 11-oz. tubes refrigerated french bread dough
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bell peppers, sliced
- 12 slices provolone
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a pan with cooking spray.
- Place bread dough into the bottom of the pan and pinch all ends together to form a single ring. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion and bell peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove vegetables from the skillet and increase heat to medium-high.
- Cut the bread in half and transfer it to a large baking sheet. Layer one half with half the cheese, the beef jerky, and vegetables, then the remaining cheese. Bake until the cheese is melty, about 5 minutes more.
Honey Jalapeno Bacon BLT Sandwich Recipe
- Place the second bread half on top, then slice into wedges.
Crispy delicious bacon jerky, fried green tomatoes, tangy remoulade sauce, and refreshing iceberg lettuce bring the BLT sandwich you know and love to new heights.
We know you might be thinking, why change something that’s already so, so perfect? Let’s face it, BLT sandwich recipes are already God’s gift to the sandwich world. However, with our bacon jerky, you can rest assured that we’ve done you a favor by producing something even better.
The perfect blend of fresh honey and jalapeno heat complement thick and flavorful bacon slices. Anyone who loves bacon and something spicy will LOVE this. The heat level would be considered almost a Medium Hot by most people, but the sweetness makes it seem just that little bit milder.
- Honey Jalapeno Bacon jerky
- 2 slices thick-cut white bread
- 2 tbsp Louisiana Remoulade Sauce (see recipe here)
- 4 fried green tomato slices
- a few pieces of iceberg lettuce, torn
- handful crisps, to serve, if you like
- In a small pan, fry your green tomatoes and set them aside on a paper towel to help remove some of the excess greases.
- Next, grab your bread and smear half the remoulade onto both slices of bread. Then take one slice of bread and add the fried green tomatoes, equally spaced apart, then your bacon jerky which we recommend crumbling so that each bite is consistent.
- Add the iceberg lettuce and top with the remaining slice of remoulade slathered bread. Slice down the middle and serve immediately.
Mozzarella & Salami Picnic Baguette
A perfect jerky sandwich idea for a summer picnic. Filled with Pacific Red Hot Chilli Pepper beef jerky, spinach, basil, pesto, and mozzarella, this jerky sandwich has all the flavors of Italy, mixed with a lovely kick from a Pacific Red Hot Chilli that is sure to get your taste buds tingling.
- Pacific Red Hot Chili Pepper Beef Jerky
- 1 white or brown baguette
- 3 tbsp fresh green pesto
- 1 beef tomato
- 1 ball mozzarella (about 200g)
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- handful basil leaves
- Slice the baguette in half lengthways and hollow out. Spread the bottom half with the pesto. Slice the tomato and layer it over the pesto. Slice the mozzarella and add in a layer over the tomato.
- Finish with layers of spinach and basil, plus the beef jerky, folded in half if necessary to fit the width of the baguette.
- Wrap in baking parchment, tie with string, and pop in the fridge weighted under something heavy. Leave for at least 1 hr (or overnight if you like). The flavors will mingle, and the sandwich will flatten down, making it super easy to cut up without all the ingredients falling out all over your picnic rug.
Black Pepper & Sea Salt Beef Jerky Caramelized Onion Sandwich
We know that a steak and caramelized onion is a classic sandwich idea. However, we’ve added our own little twist on this sandwich recipe -and you’re gonna love it!
Perfect and filling enough for a long day out, the meat in this jerky sandwich is often referred to as a “well-seasoned steak.” But that’s just maybe because it placed FIRST in the best jerky in America competition!
Our signature Black Pepper & Sea Saltbeef jerky is a perfect balance of rich beef flavor, fragrant black pepper, and an ideal subtle saltiness. The Black Pepper is just strong enough to add a moderate amount of heat without taking over your taste buds. One bite of this jerky sandwich will change your life, and is sure to set the standard for beef jerky excellence!
- Black Pepper & Sea Salt Beef Jerky
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 small ciabatta loaf
- 4 tbsp caramelized onions
- half an 85g bag watercress
- Drizzle the toasted ciabatta with olive oil, spread the bottom half with the onions, and sit your salt and pepper beef jerky on top.
- Cover with the watercress and close the sandwich with the other half of the ciabatta.
Smoked Paprika Steak Jerky Ciabattas
This smoked paprika steak jerky sandwich is going to change the way you picnic forever. It turns an open sandwich into a filling and easy meal, with a super fast and highly flavorsome sandwich idea recipe.
- Smoked Paprika Steak Beef Jerky
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 8 romaine lettuces leaves, torn
- Halve the ciabatta horizontally and lay, cut side down, on the pan for 1 min.
- Mix the crushed garlic and mayonnaise, then spread over the cut side of each ciabatta half.
- Top with the lettuce and Paprika beef jerky, then season with a bit of salt and pepper.